Ibook problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by brigga72, Jul 31, 2008.

1. brigga72 macrumors newbie

First of all I would like to thank everyone who helped me get my tangerine back up and running after the upgrades.

I'm now have issues with an Ibook PPC, 750. When I start up it gets stuck on the grey apple load screen and the progress wheel just keeps turning. When I try to strart up from the Ibook OS x install disc the same thing happens. Don't think my hard drive is dead because if I start up and hold down the option key I get a screen with both the Hard Drive and Disk as start up options. Thanks for any help. Also I can start up from an Apple Hardware Test cd and have let it run it's extended checks. and everything has passed.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

3. brigga72 thread starter macrumors newbie

pram

yea should of said in my original post that I tried reseting the PRAM with no change. I got it to start up from the install cd and ran the repair because it said there was an invalid node structure, but then it said it couldn't repair it so i'm going to get diskwarrior and see if that can fix it if not is there any other way of salvaging my data before I reinstall os x.