iBook Publishing Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tearabite, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

So I loaded up the new iBooks Author last night and converted an old eBook I created a few years ago. Overall it was pretty easy, although it took me a 30 min or so to figure out how the page layouts, etc worked. Only took me about 2 hours to get about 45 pages of my PDF converted and looking decent.

I downloaded iTunes Producer, created an account, and uploaded the book to iTunes - but, I can't find it anywhere. It shows in my iTunes Connect, but i'm not finding it in the Store. Is there some approval proccess that it has to go through first? I would hope/assume someone at Apple should look at it, but I see no mention of that anywhere..

Anyone know how the process works??

:confused: :confused:

2. Dorje Sylas macrumors 6502

There is an approval process. Apple has to review the submission before they allow it go live. From what I understand you will receive and email at your AppleID account (the one you used for the upload) when it is ready to go live or is rejected. Very much like is done for the AppStore end of things. If it is approved then you can go back in an set the launch date you want for it to show in the iBooks store.

I am not a developer or publisher myself so I have no direct experience. The above is just what I've picked by reading blogs and listening to podcasts along the way.

Best of luck to you.