Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scgirl509

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
I have an ibook computer at startup a question mark folder pops up, but not always sometimes the operating system does startup. However, after anywhere from 10-30 minutes it freezes up and when i restart the question mark comes up again. I have switched out the hard drives put a new operating system on it and it's still doing the same thing i'm wondering if anyone can give me suggestions about what it could be.

Squicken

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe a logic board problem

scgirl509

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
I'm just puzzled do you think it's intermittent because the logic board is going out or i was even thinking it was the cable coming loose. Because the way it's designed when i took it apart the part plugged into the motherboard didn't seem to secure. Is this something that can happen? If so do you have suggestions on holding it on better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.