iBook Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by FocusAndEarnIt, Jun 7, 2005.

  1. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601


    May 29, 2005
    i have no idea when they are going to update the iBook but.. i have a few questions.. should i wait until the Intel processors? - where it will be less expensive and more powerfull..? i don't know what to do .. i dont' have the money for one yet.. but i REALLY want one and I need to know the price range.. and the WWDC in my point of view was useless ... they didn't really relase ANY hardware updates.. they just said that they are ganna use Intel proccesors... what should i do ... if i get the money prolly by August should i just wait till september if they don't update em? anybody have problems wit em?


  2. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

    Jan 23, 2005
    Mini, eBay, MR's Market Place...

    If you really want the iB now, get it. By the time the Intel-Macs come, you'll be familiar with a Mac and you'll want a Powerbook, :D


    But, if you wanna wait til the Intel-Macs come, get yourself a Mini to tie over until then...


    Go used, and get one from eBay. I've seen some iB G4 go for $800-$900. If your lucky you can get 'em even less. You can also check MR's Market place to see if someone is selling one.

    I purchased an iB of MR, and I've had NO PROBLEMS. Plus, MR Peeps are COOOOOOOL! :cool:


    BTW, I thought Steve's Keynote was informative, and I got something out of it... ;)

    Sorry you didn't...
  3. lasuther macrumors 6502a

    Feb 13, 2004
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    Get an iBook after they update it (hopefully soon). The iBook will probably be one of the last Mac products to be updated to Intel. Even then, you will probably want to wait until Rev B before buying one. That could put you 3 years out, so getting an iBook now makes good sense.


Share This Page