iBook Speaker Blown

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mergelayers, Apr 2, 2008.

1. mergelayers macrumors newbie

mergelayers

I have a 12" iBook G4 with a blown right speaker. I know the internal speakers are very poor, but I would love to replace it, so my sound isn't so terrible. I have looked everywhere for internal iBook speaker replacements but have had no luck finding anything. Does anyone know where I can find replacements speakers? And/or I would possibly be interested in finding a set of external speakers for the 12" iBook that clamp on to the sides of the screen. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

2. California macrumors 68040

California

I have some white iPod speakers, unused in the box that I'll sell you for 20 bucks shipped. Should work with the iBook fine.

3. mergelayers thread starter macrumors newbie

mergelayers

I have some external iPod speakers. Can you send a pic of what you have. I'd really love to find somewhere to buy replacement internal speakers.

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

If you want to go on the journey of taking it apart yourself. I think I have an extra set of internal speakers from an ibook of mine. I'm almost 100% positive from when I had my G4 apart, it was the same exact ones from a G3 Ibook. Let me know if you are interested.

5. California macrumors 68040

California

I pm'ed you because I forgot I have a nearly new iBook G4 topcase with speakers. Ten bucks plus shipping.