Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keith28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Is there a way of submitting books to Apple for the Book Store just like you can submit apps? I know there are a lot of self publishers out there. I have also self published a book and would like to try to get it on the ipad.

would appreciate it if anyone leaves me some feedback on this.

thank you

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Top right hand corner of this page is a search field. If you use it you will see posts from users yesterday and the day before and oh yes the day before that asking the same ;)

keith28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
I have read 3 of them and from what I read, no one knows.
Did you read something different I missed? If so, please leave me a link to the thread. thanks.

keith28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Someone knows, because the first day of launch there will be books for sale.
EXACTLY my point of posting a new thread. Unless you have some good feedback, stop wasting everyones time with stupid goose chases and post helpful messages. thanks

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Your still missing the point. If someone knew the answer it would be in the other threads. Apple contacted publishers to get books in the store. Why not try contacting apple because at the moment as it stands there isn't a way to put them on there like with the app store.

Is that clearer for you?

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Someone knows, because the first day of launch there will be books for sale.
EXACTLY my point of posting a new thread. Unless you have some good feedback, stop wasting everyones time with stupid goose chases and post helpful messages. thanks

Most likely those books are from the famous publishers. After that, it's probably gonna be something like iTunes where you submit it through a form.

keith28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Most likely those books are from the famous publishers. After that, it's probably gonna be something like iTunes where you submit it through a form.

Is that how it's done if your an independent record label?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.