iBook Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gnomon, May 30, 2010.

1. Gnomon macrumors newbie

I'm currently using a Kindle, and would like to switch to iPad at some point soon. What I'm wondering is: has Apple managed to wrangle a significant amount of content for sale on the iBook Store? I was browsing the store at FutureShop today, and it looked like the only things available were in the public domain. Any of the authors I searched for didn't seem available (John Sandford, Reginald Hill, Robert Heinlein).

Can anyone shed any light on this? Or am I going to have to continue to buy my books through Amazon, and use the Kindle App?

Rob

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I agree that the iBook Store os weak in content, but the fact that the iPad is three eReaders in one is very appealing. I have the iBook, Kindle and B&N apps. I have found books on B&N that are free but are anywhere from $1-4 each on the other two.

Personally, I like the reading GUI best on the iBook app.

I wish that we would hear more of which publishing houses will be releasing more content under the iBook Store. I would love to get more Cisco Press books under the iBook versus Kindle app.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

kindle is device independent. you can read your books on mac, pc, kindle, iphone, ipad, ipod touch and adroid (i think).

i would always prefer this over a apple ipad only player.

i'm not sure what apple is thinking but i can have kindle books synced on all my macs and the iphone and the ipad but apples own reader only runs on one device? wtf?