Ibook streaming video

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by leoflusa, Mar 30, 2008.

1. leoflusa macrumors newbie

hello everyone, my first time posting a question maybe I can get some help. I have an Ibook g3 700mhz 384 MB and having dificulty watching streaming video for ex. cnn.com or any other. I can watch movies on flash drive and dvds no probs or from harddrive but streaming is very choppy. I know connection is not the issue (I have broadband) and streaming works fine on sony desktop running xp 1ghz with 256 mb ram. What gives??
    Please help!!

2. Whimsy macrumors member

It's just dependent on the processor speed. I've had a iBook G3 and the video streaming (such as YouTube) was just awful, as with my 400 Mhz G4 tower. On a higher end G4 and up - it seems to be fine. Sorry for this help-less response, but there's nothing you can really do (as far as I know). Sorry! :(

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Yeah there isn't really much you can do. Any site heavy with Flash videos will be hard on your little iBook. One thing to do is to let the whole video download first before playing it. My 900mhz is capable of watching youtube but can be choppy sometimes. Are you running Tiger (10.4)? Try maxing out the ram to 640mb with a 512mb memory chip. That will make your iBook run so much more better.