iBook Titles: Anyone with an iPad that can help me out!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by roland.g, Apr 9, 2010.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Is there a way to see the iBook titles in iTunes or iTunes preview or only on the iPad. I don't have an iPad but want to know if a book my wife wants is available for it. If someone can look that would be great. It is The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I really wish that iBooks were searchable/purchasable right through iTunes on the desktop.

2. Brammy macrumors 65816

You cannot view from anything but iBooks, unfortunately. However, yes, the title is there for $9.99.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Sweet now all I have to do is convince my wife that she should let me buy one and I will get her that book and let her read it on it

Thanks for looking that up.

4. Streethawk macrumors 6502

Oooh, sneaky way to get a new toy. I like your style :D

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Haven't you seen all the "my wife stole my iPad!" posts? You aren't getting it back after she finishes her book! :D

6. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

Worst case scenario just download the kindle app, if iBooks doesn't have it I'm pretty sure Kindle will...Or search in Kindle online before getting the iPad.

Now I can compare prices and not be stuck with iBooks.

7. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Yeah, it would be nice if I could browse the bookstore from iTunes on my mac. There was a series of books I wanted so I went to the Apple Store and checked on one of the demo units before I bought my iPad. haha

8. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I wish I could browse the selection too, it would make my decision to buy an iPad easier. I'd hate having to run to an Apple Store every time I think of a book lol

It has Lord of the Rings so that would keep me entertained for a while.

9. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

LOTR on Kindle costs $12.99 but on iBooks it costs $14.99. The illustrations are better on iBooks but otherwise there is no difference. I went for the Kindle version and I can read it on my Mac, on my iPod Touch or on my iPad. I can also read it on my windows pc at the office which is important because some of my Kindle books are for work.