ibook4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by marcmarcdv, Apr 6, 2009.

1. marcmarcdv macrumors regular

Hello all,

Ive got an imac book4 i think thats wat it called.

How to view the computer on my tv screen? as i can only view half the screen on my tv as i want full screen? is that possbile

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

It sounds like you already have the adapter that lets you plug it in to your TV, and that you possibly have an HD TV. The video card on that iBook isn't very powerful, and also is limited by the mini VGA display adapter so it can't output to that high of a resolution (compared to newer machines, but then again is still way more than a standard def TV).

If you are using an HD TV, you would have to change the resolution or the scale on the TV to a smaller size to essentially "zoom" in to make image appear at the full size of the screen.

I'm not a professional in this, but it doesn't sound like you have a standard def TV, as even computers from 15 years ago outputted a much higher resolution than the standard 480 (or so) TV resolution, and typically when doing so the image on the TV is lowered dramatically making everything appear huge, and the text hard to read.