iBooks 2 and iTunes U Apps not working!!! Please help!! :S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Omar El-Etr, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Omar El-Etr macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm have an iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken and I downloaded iBooks 2 and iTunes U apps yesterday but when I opened them they both froze and got out of the app.. what shall I do?!

2. podsorcerer09 macrumors regular

Apple has used the iBooks app in the past to detect if a user has a jailbroken iOS device. At launch, the app tries to run a bit of unsigned code. If it succeeds, the phone is jailbroken and the app quits, if it fails, the app opens normally. There have been fixes on Cydia in the past but I'm not sure if they have been updated for iBooks 2/ iTunes U. Find the developer of one of the original tweaks and write to them or just wait and see.

3. GreyPaint macrumors newbie

I had the same issues. I looked around t'internet and all I could find was reference to installing 'Corona' - an untethered upgrade to a tethered jailbreak.

You go to Cydia, search for Corona and install....

iBooks and iTunesU then work again....

I have seen some threads suggesting that image resolution in iBooks would not be the same, but not confirmed....