iBooks 2 can't sync files to jailbroken iPhone?

definitive

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Just updated to iBooks 2.0, and have 5.0.1 jailbroken. For some reason no matter what I do, I can't sync books back to the iPhone. It shows them copying (even PDF's), but once I launch the app nothing shows up. I tried uninstalling ibookfix2, but that didn't help. Also can't uninstall iBooks when I hold my finger over it. The red X is missing....

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Did you try rebooting your phone? I've run into this issue before when installing apps and then immediately uninstalling them. Weird yes but sometimes necessary to reboot before it will allow you to uninstall.

definitive

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Did you try rebooting your phone? I've run into this issue before when installing apps and then immediately uninstalling them. Weird yes but sometimes necessary to reboot before it will allow you to uninstall.
The issue I'm having is that iBooks is somehow stuck on the iPhone, so I can't update it, and keep getting iBooks was unable to install message. Gonna try restoring my iPhone to see if wiping everything will help solve the issue.

You don't need iBooksfix2. Update Corona to 1.05
Is Corona found in a base Cydia install? (I'm jailbreaking with pwnagetool)

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
The issue I'm having is that iBooks is somehow stuck on the iPhone, so I can't update it, and keep getting iBooks was unable to install message. Gonna try restoring my iPhone to see if wiping everything will help solve the issue.

Don't know these terms you're trying to make work, but just search Corona 5.0.1 Untether in Cydia

Doom878

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010

I had this loop issue and a reboot stopped it. It kills the battery too.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Only released today

It's important to note iBooks 2 came out today which means it wasn't tested on Corona........ Your best bet is to uninstall and wait for a Dev member or cydia to issue an update.

Brucio

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2011
So iBooks 2 installs over iBooks 1.5. The question everyone wants to know the answer to: Does iBooks 2 need a fix also on jailbroken phones? :confused:

definitive

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Here's a little update:

I've installed Corona 1.0-5, and then iBooks 2. Everything seems to be working now. Thanks everyone for all the help.

martij99

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
Confirmed: updated to iBooks 2.0 on jailbroken 5.0.1 iPad then installed "corona 5.0.1 untether" and problem solved. iBooks now works.