Ibooks author as a presentation app.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by knucles, Jan 25, 2012.

1. knucles macrumors regular

Ok, don't laugh. This might bee pretty cool

So i have to make a presentation of my thesis in college to younger students and i want to include some slideshows and videos.

I could do it in ibooks author and connect my ipad to the projector.

Do you think it's viable?

2. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

3. blipmusic macrumors regular

I should note that I don't currently have an iPad, but I agree with the poster above.

Or is it because Keynote isn't free?

Isn't Keynote for iOS already capable of importing/playing videos from your media library? Also you'd be able to create the presentation on your iPad directly.

Wouldn't Keynote be better for step-by-step visualization as well? I.e. rather than putting up 10 points at once (far too common presentation mistake, btw), ideally you'd want to show only the current and most relevant topic.

Which could of course be done by only having one point per spread.

I just think might end up getting frustrated with how iBook Author handles placing text versus Keynote's more free approach.

But since iBook Author + iBooks is free, just try it at home first if you really can't spend the money on Keynote just yet.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You won't be REALLY cool unless you get an AppleTV to plug into the projector, then do Airplay Mirroring for your presentation.

5. treeharbor macrumors newbie

I am considering exactly what you want to do. eBooks made by iBook Author offer some cool features such as zoom in a figure. I have tested it. It works fine for presentation.