iBooks Author Sequencing Images by Grid

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Z400Racer37, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Z400Racer37 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out if a feature exists in iBooks author. I I am trying to make a book which has pictures of animals sequence to buy alphabetical order. I would like each page to have four different pictures.

Let's say, for instance, when you open the book, two pages look like this:

A B | F G
    C E | H I

(vertical lines signify the binding between pages in the book.)

Now, let's say we discovered that there is a new letter called 'D'. I need to be able to have a way to tell the computer that the bottom right quadrant of the first page should now be D, and it needs to know to push I need to be able to have a way to tell the computer that the bottom right quadrant of the first page should now be D, and it needs to know to push 'E' The top left quadrant of the next page, move 'G' and 'H' to the next quadrants, and move 'I' to the first quadrant of the next page.

Is there anyway to do this that you guys are aware of? This one is driving me a little nuts... although I would prefer to do this in iBooks author, it doesn't necessarily have to be done there, so if you guys know any other programs that can do this if iBooks Author can't, I would really appreciate it .

Thanks all!

2. MechaSpanky macrumors 6502

MechaSpanky

Z400Racer37,

I just completed my first ebook project using iBooksAuthor about 4 months ago and I found it to be frustrating. I was used to the power and flexibility of Quark Xpress and Indesign but iBooksAuthor didn't come close to that. iBooksAuthor lacked the flexibility that I wanted but it is great as long as what you are doing will fit into the already built templates that they have.I know that both Indesign and Quark Xpress can do some digital books (I'm not sure which formats they do) but I haven't used them to make an ebook so I'm not sure how they compare to iBooksAuthor (in regards to making an ebook). After I got the hang of things, it wasn't too bad but for something that should have been simple to use, it was incredibly hard to figure out. Maybe if I was used to Apple's Pages, it might have been easier. I felt that many things were "dumbed down" to the point that it was confusing.

To answer your question, I don't know as my project didn't involve anything that was interactive but did you try using the "widgets"? I would guess that you can do what you want using one of them (like the HTML widget and some coding perhaps) but I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck