ibooks broke in jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by soundwarp, Feb 6, 2011.

1. soundwarp macrumors regular

so ibooks STILL does not work so it is a jailbreak issue then anyone got a clue on how to make it work or is there no way?

2. Maccleduff macrumors regular

What do you mean by broken? After I jailbroke, my books disappeared but I just redownloaded them through my purchased library.

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I jailbroke my iPad using b3 version for the Mac and iBooks no longer opens purchased books. The books are on the shelves and they start to open then show the error

There is a problem with the configuration of your iPad. Please restore with iTunes and reinstall iBooks.

I have deleted and reinstalled iBooks, deleted a purchased book and synced it back via iTunes and deleted a purchased book and downloaded it from the store. Same problem. Any ideas?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Keep trying to open the books. It sometimes takes a lot of tries (I read somewhere that it took one person 10+ tries), but they'll eventually open.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Thanks for replying, but repeated opening of the same book 30 times didn't work for me.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's the only thing that works for me as well.

Deleting and reinstalling iBooks and purchased books doesn't solve the issue. After trying everything (read the other thread on this issue) I've come to the conclusion that this is a result of the exploit used. Hopefully it'll go away with a 4.3 JB as they have to use another exploit (this one has been patched by Apple).

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Thanks for replying. I'll probably keep my iPad jailbroken until 4.3 is available, then lose it when I upgrade the firmware. I use iBooks quite a bit on my iPad, but since 4.3 isn't far away, I can live without it. I jailbroke to test out the latest versions of iTether and MyWi On Demand. While I can connect my iPad to my iPhone using wifi, i really missed using BT. Who knows, maybe the 4.3 jb wont interfere with iBooks so I can have both.

GP was a painless jb. Not as simple as going to a website, but close. :D

9. ChadDa3mon macrumors newbie

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Let's simplify this fix even more:

Add this source in Cydia: http://repo.insanelyiph0ne.com and download iBooks Fix.

Or just use the new PwnageTool 4.2.

11. mo25 macrumors member

12. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Delete iBooks, add that repo, and download the iBooks fix. Restart your phone and reinstall iBooks and you should be good to go. That's what worked for me. Other users have reported that reinstalling iBooks is not needed.