Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamer220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Has anyone else had problems using iBooks after they performed the jailbreak for iOS 4.0. Before I jailbreaked the phone, iBooks was working and I could view my books. Now after using redsn0w, I am unable to download books from the store and I cannot sync books that I have on my iTunes to the phone. It also keeps on asking me for my itunes sign in and asks for me to sync. It keeps on popping the same message over and over. Is there a fix for this?

gamer220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
no fix as of yet

What a bummer. Was looking forward to using it. What site do you use to see when there would be an update or fix for that.

I understand its still in beta and there are some bugs. Hopefully a fix comes soon.

jalcot

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
same problem with iBooks on iPhone 3G (PwnageTool 4.0 and redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3)

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
glad im not the only one with the problem, i figured it was a bug after messing around for an hour with it

jason.bourne

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
Me too

glad im not the only one with the problem, i figured it was a bug after messing around for an hour with it

I played with it for about an hour as well. I deleted and reinstalled the app about 20 times and never could get it to show up. Guess I know why now! I saw someone above had used PwnageTool to jailbreak and had the same problem? I used the redsn0w beta last night...

gamer220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010

lol. i did the same thing. I think everyone who jailbreaked last night were all confused.

jason.bourne

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
lol. i did the same thing. I think everyone who jailbreaked last night were all confused.

The sad part is the iBooks app was one of the things I was most excited about using. I have it on my iPad and really wanted to sync my spot between the iPad and the iPhone. :-/

jason.bourne

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
The sad part is the iBooks app was one of the things I was most excited about using. I have it on my iPad and really wanted to sync my spot between the iPad and the iPhone. :-/

They just released a new version of redsn0w that's supposed to fix the books app error. I'm about to test it out...I'll let you know how it goes!

Update: IT'S FIXED!!!! Bookmark synching between devices works flawlessly as well!

gamer220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
They just released a new version of redsn0w that's supposed to fix the books app error. I'm about to test it out...I'll let you know how it goes!

Update: IT'S FIXED!!!! Bookmark synching between devices works flawlessly as well!

Wooohooo. Awesome. That was quick.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
whats the new beta version? lol link please.

yeah im really excited about ibooks, main reason why i updated! :p

jason.bourne

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
Did it impact performance when you ran redsn0w again?

I've ran redsn0w three times so far (turning multitasking, wallpapers, battery percentage on and off) and it hasn't seemed to make a difference to me speed wise.

IT could be that I was just too thrilled with the speed boost after turning off all the extra stuff though.

I hate to admit it, but Steve was right this go around. The 3g really doesn't handle the multitasking and wallpaper function that well.

Xarthan

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
ugh what's up with the huge margins on the left and right side, kinda takes away 40% of screen space :(

anyway to decrease this?

EDIT - o nm guess itwas stanza's epub that was messing it up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.