iBooks Crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Collin789, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

I never use iBooks much, but the other day I bought a book for school and one for myself. When I open the book, iBooks crashes after about 10 seconds. At first I thought something was wrong with iBooks, so I re-downloaded the app along with the books. It still crashes.
    I restored my phone and it works fine. Once I re-jailbroke the phone through jailbreakme.com, it started crashing again. So I'm guessing it has something to do with cydia or the phone being jailbroken in general.
    My question is, anyone else having this problem?

By the way, for some reason it doesn't have any problems when it's a free book. I find that to be really weird...

2. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

i can comfirm i also have this problem on my jailbroken ipad. ibooks worked fine for months, crashes like crazy after the JB

3. Collin789 thread starter macrumors regular

Collin789

I have a jailbroken iPad 2 but it doesn't do this...

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It's a problem with the jailbreak. I think it's a known issue.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

It is definitely a problem. I restored both my iPhone 4 and my iPad because I couldn't deal with not having my iBooks. =[ I'm a bookworm so I usually have a new book every few days and when I jailbroke it made me sad.

6. daleycss macrumors regular

all 3 iphones on display at our verizon store has ibooks. they all crash as soon as you launch the app. not sure whats going on...