Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
MuscleNerd tweets: "For anyone who saw iBooks problems after redsn0w beta, try the latest one (see update #2 at http://is.gd/cYogT )".

Question: If I run it again on my already jailbroken 3G just to fix the iBooks problem will it make it any slower

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Oh cool, false assumption on my part.
You're right.

Update #2: There’s a new redsn0w beta (links were changed above) that should fix any iBooks problems people were seeing. Just run this new version 0.9.5b5-4 and deselect Cydia (you don’t want to reinstall Cydia over itself).

So my question is that if I just deselect everything, will there be an impact on performance?

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
I jailbroke using PwnageTool and my iBooks stopped working. Is there a way to fix it?

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
I thought it might put too much data in and not everything would get overwrited, impacting some aspect of the performance, can anyone try. LOL

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
Yes... The answer you are looking for is in the first post of this very thread..

alright, thanks. i'll have to try it, because i thought that in order for it to work i have to jailbreak a firmware that was already jailbroken by redsn0w.

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
No, you'd be fine.
If it caused any negative issues The Dev team wouldnt tell you to run it like that. They'd say restore and rejailbreak.

I might try it. I got everything set and dont want to do it again. I ll see what most people report and then decide, but thanks man.:cool:

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Anyone getting "Failed to load book beacuse the requested resource is missing" when opening up a book to read?

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
just finished with redsn0w, and everything seems to be working. all i did was open redsn0w, browsed for original ipsw, unchecked all the features (since i didn't want multitasking, battery % and wallpapers) along with cydia (since it was already installed on my pwnagetool jailbreak), and then followed the dfu mode instructions, and everything was done in about five minutes.

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
just finished with redsn0w, and everything seems to be working. all i did was open redsn0w, browsed for original ipsw, unchecked all the features (since i didn't want multitasking, battery % and wallpapers) along with cydia (since it was already installed on my pwnagetool jailbreak), and then followed the dfu mode instructions, and everything was done in about five minutes.

Same with me, except I enabled verbose, and the goodies, just unchecked Cydia so it didn't reinstall it over itself. All seems to be working as expected for iBooks now. Thanks again OP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.