iBooks for iPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mocque, Jun 8, 2010.

1. mocque macrumors member

how do I get ibooks now for the 3GS i have 4.0 GM. or is it only for iPhone 4???? thanks guys I am dying to see that app on my phone.

2. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I want to know as well. I thought that maybe app store would recognize iOS 4 GM and let me pull it over wifi but searching comes up with nothing.

I also tried syncing with iTunes as I have it for iPad but they list it in the iPad section so I think we are going to have to wait for an update to iBooks but can someone chime in if they have it for iPhone just to be sure?

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I believe it's out later this month I think along with the iPhone 4 and official iOS4 release

4. moka macrumors 6502a

interesting, because i got this just a couple minutes ago.

Attached Files:

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Sorry... off topic... but I love that background!!

6. ValenR macrumors member

Offtopic too XD :

Is that background animated ? If not, then I SO wish it was, cause it looks so amazing :<

7. Branskins macrumors 65816

Does your iBook download fail saying: "Your copy of iBooks will be available when you connect to iTunes"? (It was something like that)

Edit:

Looks like iTunes is syncing it! It says "Transferring Winnie the Pooh"!!!!

iBooks is out for iOS4 everyone!!!

8. moka macrumors 6502a

yeah :eek: :(
    Even after downloading Winnie the Pooh... it actually downloads the iPad app

Attached Files:

9. Branskins macrumors 65816

Ya my iTunes downloaded Winnie the Pooh and then it proceeded to download the iPad app! I was so excited and then I realized it downloaded the wrong one!

Maybe the app isn't on the app store yet. I hope this will go more smoothly on launch day because it seems kind of clunky right now.

10. kcgunner macrumors member

Not working for me

I tried the app store on both my phone and itunes for ibooks. It isn't there except for the ipad app. I have the iOS 4.0 GM on my 3GS. :(

11. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

12. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Is your wallpaper included in iOS4? If not could you link me to it?

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it wasn't available when i posted:p:p

14. yegon macrumors 68020

There was some mention of iBooks syncing in that keynote. Does that mean I could read the same book on my iPad and iPhone and it'd sync my bookmarks wirelessly, or am I in complete fantasy land?

I believe the Kindle app already does this, but I can't read my own epubs on that (or can I?).

Currently, I use Stanza iPhone, iBooks ipad, and have to manually calculate where I'm upto when I switch.

15. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

thats pretty much how steve said, buy a book it wirelessly syncs to your ipad/iphone depending were u bought it and i think it copies over durig sync to mac i think

16. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Oh I'm so jealous of you guys that got the dev iOS4! I'm a "registered" Apple dev, but not "enrolled" so I won't have access to it until the 21st.

Can't *wait* for iBooks -- I'm a heavy Stanza user. Looking forward to seeing what iBooks can do.