iBooks for Mac - how to change metadata?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lars666, Oct 23, 2013.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

So... Pretty much what the title says: How do I manage the metadata of my books (adding/changing cover, title etc. pp.) in the new iBooks for Mac? Seems like this functionality was cut, I expected it to work like it did (and still does for every other media type) in iTunes. Strange thing...

2. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I would like to know this too because as of now, if we can't edit metadata then it is a dealbreaker for me, and I'd want to try moving my books back into iTunes.

The whole iBooks app seems like it isn't close to being finished. It is half the app iBooks for iOS is.

3. xodiak Guest

The only way I've seen that its possible is via iTunes. iBooks doesn't have anyway that I can find that allows you to change any of the data even in books I've created with Pages. But in iTunes even though the Book option is not here anymore to browse the library when I connect my iOS device the Book section is still there. You have to use the Books Sync option on your iOS device to get a book on your iOS device and then once its on the iOS device you can change the meta data etc like before. Doesn't seem like this was thought out to well, I had expected iBooks to operate like iTunes but it doesn't even show devices to drag your books too. I would have preferred them keep Books in iTunes and just allow me to open the books from there, like the digital booklets for music.