iBooks for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gala, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Gala macrumors regular

Is there rumors of a iBooks for Mac app, similar to the Kindle & Nook desktop apps?

If not is there something I'm missing that lets me read iBooks on my Mac? Or should I just forget buying iBooks and choose all Kindle or Nook books because I can read them on any device?

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

3. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

It would be nice if there was an iBooks app for the mac, and although Apple hasn't said anything of one forthcoming, the recent porting of many of the iOS apps (reminders, notes, etc) to the Mac as well as Mac apps to iOS (Pages, iPhoto, Numbers) may be a hint that it may eventually come. They just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Right now I think Kindle has that market pretty much tied up, Their Mac app is awesome. Because of Amazon's foresight in this area I can read my books on my Mac, iPhone, iPad, and even my actual Kindle touch.

I would prefer iBooks, but it's only limited to the iPhone and iPad at this time.

4. Gala thread starter macrumors regular

My thoughts exactly. But right now there is no reason at all that I can see as to why I should buy an iBook over a Kindle book.

5. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

what about news stand for mac? i would like to see this as well.