iBooks from externally mounted hard drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Reddkryten, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

I was just wondering if anyone could help with this one. Can anyone tell me where to find my iBooks library when my macs hard drive is mounted as an external?

My Mac died earlier in the week, due to over heating. It was almost a decade old so it had a good life.

I kept everything on external drives and well backed up. However I didn't realise that iBooks can only store things on the macs imternal drive.

So I have cracked open my old mac, mounted the hard drive in an external enclosure... but I cannot find the iBooks library. I have set hidden folders to visible, I believe it is located in Library/containers/ but I can't find a container folder in the libraries.

Most instructions involve using Finder>Go, but I'm not sure how that works when the drive is external.

Can anyone suggest the best way to access this folder or if there are alternative locations?

Thank you very much.

2. Superspeed500 macrumors regular

Superspeed500

See this AskDiffrent post: http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...ks-stored-after-ibooks-migration-on-mavericks

My Mac running MacOs Sierra have the books located in the same location as mentioned in the link.

Works the same way as usual, but you have to enter a diffrent path. I do belive it starts off with "/Volumes/Volumname/" or something like that. You could also show hidden files and browse to the directory manually. "~" = Your home directory.