iBooks in iOS 4 on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IMZ14U2NV, Jun 19, 2010.

1. IMZ14U2NV macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am looking forward to iBooks in iOS 4 on iPhone 4, Does anyone know if there is an average price for books in the iBooks Bookstore or do they vary widely in price??

Also, I saw mention of being able to use PDF’s in iBooks, can someone explain how you get PDF’s into iBooks, I guess because I am thinking sometimes PDF’s are too large to send via email with my provider, so I was wondering when you get large PDF’s if you just drag and drop them into iTunes, please excuse my ignorance, I have never used iBooks as the iPhone 4 will be my first device that has this ability as I don’t have an iPad.

2. Peligroso macrumors member

Peligroso

To answer your question, there are many great free books, but the New York best sellers list can go from 10.00 to 15.00.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I've purchased several books from the iBooks store and they have all been about the $8-$10 dollar range. There is no set price per se, but one you get in there and poke around you'll see that it kind of like any brick & mortar book store: all of the authors/publishers want their books to sell so they price them competitively within their respective genres.

As for PDFs, I haven't looked into it myself, but I am guessing you sync them through iTunes, as this would be the most logical.

4. Peligroso macrumors member

Peligroso

I thought that there was a PDF store am I wrong?

5. Gigzz macrumors regular

Go to Amazon.com and look at the price of their kindle books. That's pretty similar to iBooks, except Amazon generally charges a few cents less. Don't expect a good selection of books from iBooks though. Right now the selection is simply dreadful.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Honestly, I don't think so. It wouldn't make a lick of sense. Why would you want to go buy someone elses PDFs???

From Apple's website:

iBooks also supports PDFs, so you can sync your PDFs and read them using iBooks.

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

8. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

Is iBooks supposed to be release Monday with iOS4? I was hoping to get hold of it sooner.

9. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede