Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
i have many books uploaded through icloud in iBooks, in macos Sierra, it works as expected but on iOS 10 iBooks only let me see the ones i have purchased only, not the ones that i upload.

Any of you can see the whole iBooks iCloud library?

Thanks

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Also make sure you don't have the "Hide iCloud Books" toggled on.

Attachments

• IMG_1226.PNG
    IMG_1226.PNG
    59.9 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: StonewallBrown

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I have the two toggles that you said, but i can't see any of my books that i have uploaded
[doublepost=1467838728][/doublepost]
Go to Settings-iCloud-iCloud drive. Make sure the toggle for iBooks is on.
The toggle is on, i just checked, thanks for help, do you have ibooks in the cloud working in iOS 10 beta?

Also make sure you don't have the "Hide iCloud Books" toggled on.

The toggle is off, thanks, any other idea?

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
I have the two toggles that you said, but i can't see any of my books that i have uploaded
[doublepost=1467838728][/doublepost]
The toggle is on, i just checked, thanks for help, do you have ibooks in the cloud working in iOS 10 beta?

The toggle is off, thanks, any other idea?
It works for me. On an iPhone 6s Plus that was an OTA update. Also works on my iPad Air 2 that was wiped clean and used no iCloud backup.

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Umm , i have an iPhone 6s Plus also, i dont know what's going on here, beta things...

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I have found I need to select ALL BOOKS at the top - when I select only BOOKS it only shows purchased books.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
I have found I need to select ALL BOOKS at the top - when I select only BOOKS it only shows purchased books.
Ah. That's where the confusion was. I use the books section for books I'm currently reading, the rest get moved into different collection. Glad you were able to figure it out.

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011

I have selected all Books at the top, but is the same, i only see the books purchases through iTunes Store, not the ones i uploaded.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
I have selected all Books at the top, but is the same, i only see the books purchases through iTunes Store, not the ones i uploaded.
Ok let's try this. On your Mac go into settings-icloud-manage storage. Under documents and data, what's the listed size of iBooks? If it's zero or not listed, then your books are local only. If it shows your books are uploaded, then we know the problem is in iOS and we try and help you isolate your issues.

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Ok let's try this. On your Mac go into settings-icloud-manage storage. Under documents and data, what's the listed size of iBooks? If it's zero or not listed, then your books are local only. If it shows your books are uploaded, then we know the problem is in iOS and we try and help you isolate your issues.

First, thanks for your help.

Doing this, as in my MacBook as in my iPhone, I can see 12,6 Gb of books and pdfs. It´s correct the amount of space listed I think. But in my iPhone I can't see anything except the purchases. And in my Mac I see all of them.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
First, thanks for your help.

Doing this, as in my MacBook as in my iPhone, I can see 12,6 Gb of books and pdfs. It´s correct the amount of space listed I think. But in my iPhone I can't see anything except the purchases. And in my Mac I see all of them.
Ok. Try this. Go into iCloud settings on your phone. click iCloud Drive. Turn off iBooks. Hard reset your phone. Go back into the iCloud Drive settings. Turn iBooks back on. Open iBooks and see if that fixed it.

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Ok. Try this. Go into iCloud settings on your phone. click iCloud Drive. Turn off iBooks. Hard reset your phone. Go back into the iCloud Drive settings. Turn iBooks back on. Open iBooks and see if that fixed it.

Hard reset is pressing power + home until the apple logo appear in screen for second time?

I did that you said to me, and nothing happens, i think i will had to wait until another beta.

Thanks!

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
Hard reset is pressing power + home until the apple logo appear in screen for second time?

I did that you said to me, and nothing happens, i think i will had to wait until another beta.

Thanks!
I'm out of ideas. I had a similar issue months ago. Toggling the iCloud drive worked for me. Sorry, look like you'll need the next beta, or someone with a better idea.
[doublepost=1467927722][/doublepost]

Thanks!
I forgot to originally ask, have you tried resetting settings on your phone? Sometimes that can clear up a lot of syncing issues. Can be a pain, but worth it.

barbarbar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
i´m going to try to reset my iphone with a clean installation of iOS 10, to see if this way works. Maybe i try before to reset settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.