iBooks iOS 5.1 Fix Yet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iRooney, Mar 13, 2012.

1. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Anyone know if there is a fix to the iBooks issue on iOS 5.1 yet? The program loads, but gets an endless sign-in loop where it asks for iTunes password repeatedly. Other than that, the jailbreak is flawless (aside from being semi tethered).

2. sonjaisbored macrumors newbie

if your iphone is on 5.1 you should semi tether it.
    go to cydia>manage>sources>edit>add and type in thebigboss.org/semitether/
    then click install. this will make your jailbreak semi-tethered, so if it restarts you'll have all the basic functions working properly, except for the jailbroken apps which will work after a rednow/ ultrasnow/ snowbreeze reboot.

after this it should work fine

3. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

Way to repeat the last line I wrote. Thanks for suggesting I do something I already did though. Repetition is fun.

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

You probably should not expect a fix until 5.1 gets untethered. The ibooks problem reportedly has something to do with how the kernel is jailbroken, on 5.0.1 the problem was solved in the package patching the kernel at boot-time to untether it (the Corona untether package). And it was apparently difficult to fix, so they probably concentrate on untethering 5.1 right now.

5. sonjaisbored macrumors newbie

it works fine on my iphone4, and it's on 5.1, soo..

you have to semi-tether it, make ibooks a system app, and just download ibooks from xsellize. works just fine, no errors, and no crashes

6. Synergie macrumors 6502a

If you dont have a lot of books purchased on iBooks... I suggest taking a look at Kobo. I switched and never looked back! Plus it's cross platform, so you can access your purchases on more devices and even your desktop or laptop. Then you never have to worry about this issue again! As for functionality the apps are pretty similar... Kobo I think actually has more.

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

8. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

After a freeze at work and bring phoneless for 8 hours I've gone back to 5.0.1. Needed untether back.

9. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

HOW TO FIX iBOOKS w/iOS 5.1

After trying various google searches and staying away from the repos that give you pop up warnings about not being on the up and up, I have finally found a site that works like a charm and does not require you to install any repo's and no additional apps. Follow the instructions to the letter and you will be able to start using iBooks with semi-Tethered 5.1 Jailbreak on iPhone 4 (Do not know if it will work on 4s). You are stuck with a square icon but most of you will know how to fix it or you can just throw it in a folder.

Here is the LINK

ENJOY:D

OP...Please edit your original post title or use the solved icon so others can benefit from this, Thank You

10. Ramonn macrumors member

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

My experience with my iPhone4 (iOS 5.1 with tethered jb) is this 'fix' works for any books you already have on your device. However, when you try to download a new book, the download hangs.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Have you tried the newest Redsn0w (Rerun latest redsn0w without anything checked, that will apply ibook fix)

13. TC25, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

TC25 macrumors 68020

I used 0.9.10b8b.

UPDATE: I downloaded iBooks and when I start it I get 2 Configuration Error messages and it quits.

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I am still using older version of iBooks and it works without errors.