iBooks iOS4: Books Won't Complete

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Arkanok, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

So I just downloaded the iBooks app for the iPhone (I have the 3G) and the app works, and I can browse just fine, but I tried downloading that Winnie the Pooh book (cos it's free) and the progress bar gets to the end when downloading, then when it hits the end, just sits there and doesn't finish or even give errors.

Anybody else having issues with iBook downloading?

2. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

My poo downloaded for free when I downloaded iBooks.

3. longdogs macrumors regular

Whatever I download does the same thing - the bar gets to the end and then just sits there. I'm running iOS4 GM on an iPhone 3G.

4. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Yeah I'm running the GM too... I wonder if it's cos of the GM and not the official launch. Although, it's got the same build number so it's no different really.

5. partyfavor macrumors newbie

Im having the same issue.
    Even tried downloading other free books, and they download right to the end but hang.... then when I restart my phone, ibooks asks me for my itunes password over and over again (since the download is not done).... so I deleted the app, going to install it via itunes this time to see if that works.

6. kepner macrumors 6502

Yes. (iPod Touch 2G jailbroken.)

I even tried syncing the books through iTunes. The books are actually on the device (/var/mobile/Media/Books/), but they still wont show up in iBooks!

7. JefVH macrumors newbie

Same issue overhere :s
    Does anybody has a solution?!

8. slicecom macrumors 68020

9. Henk Poley macrumors regular

I'm now restoring from GM to the public release version, to see if that helps.

10. slicecom macrumors 68020

Let us know if it works. I have a suspicion that his is an issue that the gm has and not the pubic release.

11. Henk Poley macrumors regular

I'm seeing the same problem on the 4.0 public release, it endlessly keeps asking to sync bookmarks. This is directly after a firmware restore, before I placed the backup back.

12. slicecom macrumors 68020

Well there goes that theory! :(

13. Naked Snake macrumors member

Same problem here on public release of ios4 on jailbroken 3G.

14. kepner macrumors 6502

This seems to only be a problem for jailbroken devices. I hope there's a fix soon, because I like having my device jailbroken.

15. atarigraffx macrumors member

same problem over here,

public version of iOS4
    3g jailbroken using redsn0w
    :(

16. Henk Poley macrumors regular

Strange thing is, I've used two different jailbreaks (redsn0w for GM, and pwnagetool for the public release), and in irc://irc.osx86.hu/iOS people are using iBooks just fine with them.

Anybody of you is on a non-American iTunes/App/iBooks Store?

Edit: "For anyone who saw iBooks problems after redsn0w beta, try the latest one (see update #2 at http://is.gd/cYogT )"

Src: http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/16814917208

17. kepner macrumors 6502

The newest redsn0w beta worked for me. I had to download the official public version of 4.0 from Apple though, because redsn0w didn't recognize the developer GM. (I didn't have to restore my device though. I just selected the newer IPSW when redsn0w asked for it.)

18. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

19. frebib macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

Hi guyz,
    I have this problem and I really don't know what to do about it. I have an iPod Touch 2G Jailbroken with RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-3 iOS4 Public Release, I have restored twice and tried downloading books before and after JB'ing. I have no idea what the problem is and still have found no solution. Another thing that I have noticed is that it continually bugs me about logging in even though i just have /:mad:.

20. kepner macrumors 6502

It looks like you might not have the latest redsn0w (the version on mine says "0.9.5b5-4"). Redownload the latest redsn0w and go through the process again. (You shouldn't have to restore, just run redsn0w again.)

http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rsbeta

21. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

22. manticore0001 macrumors newbie

Same problem here but seeing a trend.

I have 2 ipod touches in my house. My touch is a 2g jailbroken and my wife's is a 3rd gen NOT jailbroken. I am having the exact issues as you guys so I downloaded iBooks from my wife's unbroken 3g and her's worked fine. I think that the jailbreak is creating some kind of incompatibility. So I don't know. I recommend trying to restore to the original 4.0 and seeing if that works vs jailbroken. If this is the case then jailbreakees will have to wait until the issue is fixed or just go back to the boring 4.0 original firmware.:confused:

23. reynaldom macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm rocking a 3GS on 4.0 public release but the main difference is that my iPhone is NOT jailbroken.

Anyone knows what to do?

24. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I had this problem on a non-JB Touch before I downgraded firmwares.