Ibooks & Iphone??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GatorGirl76, Apr 20, 2011.

1. GatorGirl76 macrumors newbie

I purchased the Ibooks app for my Iphone. Is there any way I can synch this app. so I can get my books on my Mac? Sorry if this is a simple question, I'm new to the Mac/Apple world :) Thanks for the help!
    Katie

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Do you want to get the books from your iPhone TO your Mac? If so, I don't believe there is an iBooks app for Mac OSX... Or even a way to read a book you bought in iBooks on OSX because they have a protection on them.

My guess would be that if you wanted to read a book you would buy an iPad or iPhone... Silly Apple

Well Amazon does have a Kindle app for OSX and iOS, but it still won't read anything that you bought through iBooks.

But if you want to get books from your Mac TO your iPhone you can do this through iTunes. You need to simply navigate through the menu at the top and choose the Add file to Library option and select your books and it should appear. Connect your iPhone and sync your books and it should work fine.

3. GatorGirl76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help.
    I have the Amazon Kindle app on my Mac, and bought the Ibooks for my Iphone....why can't they all work together? :) So what you are telling me is if I use only the Kindle app on my Mac, I can synch. them to my Iphone and have the same books on both, but I CAN"T synch from Ibooks on my Iphone to my Mac? Thanks again for the help!
    Katie

4. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Use the Kindle app on both the iPhone and MAC. Problem solved.