iBooks is Closed

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ReallyNiceGuy, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ReallyNiceGuy macrumors member

ReallyNiceGuy

I'm noticing iBooks does not allow for transferring your non iTunes purchased books to be added to iBooks on the iOS. Although I was able to add them to my library on my MacBook Pro they are not available on my iOS devices. Pretty ****** and this has to be only to protect Apple"s ebook sales.

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Where did you buy your books? If they were from Amazon, use the Kindle app, if they were from BN, use the nook app.

3. bobright macrumors 601

4. Fizikp macrumors newbie

As long as your books are in the epub format, you can put them on your device just fine.

5. ParagJain macrumors 6502

If the ePub size is small/manageable, why not email it yourself and then open it in iBooks, it will be added to the library.

6. AStaleyUK macrumors newbie

I store my eBooks in Dropbox and then import them to iBooks on my IOS devices. Would be nice if iBooks sync'd between devices though, without the need of WiFi sync and iTunes.

7. ReallyNiceGuy thread starter macrumors member

ReallyNiceGuy

I have books in ePub. How would you move them to iBooks on the iOS from the mac?

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Can you still add pdf files to iBooks?

It's honestly looking like you need all 3rd party apps to open any files on iOS devices. Even with iCloud Drive, you can't open videos or photos you store with the native apps - it's quite ridiculous in my opinion.

9. leventozler macrumors 6502

Just download a free book on your iOS device, iBooks doesn't show up in iTunes if your Library is empty.