iBooks not displaying colored books correctly

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vega07, Jul 13, 2011.

1. vega07, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

vega07 macrumors 65816

I downloaded some free books from the iBooks store. Some that I bought look like every page is a colored page. These books sometimes don't display the entire page, half the page, or just a segment of the page. This happens frequently. Instead, a grey box is shown.

Is it because these books aren't formatted correctly? But they're on the iBooks store. Unless there is something wrong with my iPad.

2. miamialley, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

What is one of the books? I'll download it and tell you what it looks like. Tell me what to look for.

3. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Download First Fun ABC and flip through the pages.

You'll immediately see what I'm talking about. If you don't, I guess there is something wrong with my hardware.

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I went through "R" and everything seemed to display properly. A couple of pages took a second to show up and the page was blank until it did, but that's it. I'm on an iPad 2.

5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I have downloaded about 8 books for my kids on iBooks (mostly Disney) and have not had this come up yet. May be your device, or maybe you could try deleting and reinstalling iBooks?

6. vega07, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Take a look at the attached picture.

I uninstalled the app and deleted all my books using iFile. Reinstalled the app and the book, but the issue persists!!!:confused:

edit: I have a feeling it has to do something with my jailbreak. A Google search reveals that iBooks has been conflicting with jailbreaks for a long time.

Attached Files:

7. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Can someone help me verify if this is indeed caused by a jailbroken iPad? Thanks!

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I can't imagine that'd be the case. I'm not JB so I can't help.

9. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

How do I ask a moderator to move this to the jailbreak forum? I think I'll get more help there.

10. hch3psa macrumors member

hch3psa

There is definitely a history with iBooks issues and jailbreaking. I'm experiencing the same issues right now. Seems RetinaPad is making things worse. I've uninstalled it and am having less frequent crashes. Do you have RetinaPad?

11. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

No I don't use RetinaPad. So that's a relief to know your experiencing the same issues, hch3psa. For a moment, I thought it was due to faulty hardware. I hate going to an Apple store to get a replacement.