Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
I've been using iBooks since the release of Mavericks, and it has worked as it should until today. Today, I added a PDF file that I had edited in Preview (added notes, and red lines to my own homework), and now it won't open! Whenever I attempt to open iBooks, it just says: "iBooks closed unexpectedly." and gives me the options to ignore, send to apple or try again.

It's quite frustrating because my files in iBooks is something I am using at my university and they include my important notes as well.

EDIT: I've installed Mavericks on top of Lion and not Developer Preview.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2013-11-06 kl. 20.30.05.png
    Skærmbillede 2013-11-06 kl. 20.30.05.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 387
Last edited:

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
I've been using iBooks since the release of Mavericks, and it has worked as it should until today. Today, I added a PDF file that I had edited in Preview (added notes, and red lines to my own homework), and now it won't open! Whenever I attempt to open iBooks, it just says: "iBooks closed unexpectedly." and gives me the options to ignore, send to apple or try again.

The first thing I would do is:
Quit iBooks. Open Finder, click Go on the menu, hold down the alt key so that you see the Library folder. Go there. Type iBooks in the search bar. In that folder you should see a list of your PDFs. Copy the suspect PDF somewhere then delete it from the iBooks folder. If that file was causing the problem, deleting it might let you open iBooks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulani

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
The first thing I would do is:
Quit iBooks. Open Finder, click Go on the menu, hold down the alt key so that you see the Library folder. Go there. Type iBooks in the search bar. In that folder you should see a list of your PDFs. Copy the suspect PDF somewhere then delete it from the iBooks folder. If that file was causing the problem, deleting it might let you open iBooks again.

I am not sure why I didn't think of that... Thanks a lot, because it worked out.

This is for you: <'3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.