iBooks not syncing to iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by adammgaines, Nov 1, 2013.

1. adammgaines macrumors member

I upgraded to 10.9 on iMac and and iOS 7 on my iPad but not all my books in iBooks on my iMac are showing up in the iBooks app on my iPad.

Is there a way to manually sync?

2. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

open iBooks and on the top press File and Add to Library or move books from iTunes

3. adammgaines thread starter macrumors member

I have the books on my iMac and they are showing up in iBooks fine but not in the iBooks app on my iPad.

I haven't seen a way to manually sync iBooks to iPad.

Can this still be done through iTunes?

4. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

I don't use iBook to read books. I found a really good app called Duokan. It got really nice UI and much more responsive than iBook. You can manually add books from iTunes to this app.

5. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Fine for me

6. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

In iTunes, click on your device and then click Sync. It will either complete really fast or it will get stuck on "Waiting for changes to be applied". You should notice on the upper left corner next to the name of your iDevice a triangle with a ! in it. Click on that it will generate an error code. Click OK and then resync. Should be fine after you acknowledge that it errored. If you don't it will continue not to sync. Had this happen with 3 of my iDevices in Mavericks. Once I did the above steps it started syncing them normally.

7. terrywfoster macrumors regular

It took me a couple tries to get everything set right across the device but I got it all ok now.