iBooks on Android?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Thunderboltedge, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Thunderboltedge macrumors regular

Thunderboltedge

I was going to purchase a book on iBook on my Mac, when I received an alert from the iBookstore saying that I was buying a book which could have been read only on Apple devices. (Last time I bought another book, but I could manage to read it on my Android device).

Will a be able to read it on my Android device once purchased (dropbox, anything else) or would you recommend not doing the acquisition if my plan is to read the 75 % of it on my mobile android device?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, its proprietary and you'll not be able to read the book on anything other then an iOS device or a Mac

3. Thunderboltedge thread starter macrumors regular

Thunderboltedge

Which is the solution in such a case?
    I buy it on Amazon so that I will be able to read both on Android and on the IO devices?

Will that work?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Kindle books are cross platform, the app is available on Android, iOS, OS X. I recommend that over iBooks, since you have an Android device you want to read on.

5. Thunderboltedge thread starter macrumors regular

Thunderboltedge

Good to know, so iBook abolished.ì for me having an Android device

6. impaler macrumors 6502

Nook app is also cross platform, and supports epub files, so long as they're not DRMd (which iBooks are). Kindle files are specific to Kindle.