iBooks on iPhone running iOS9 beta1

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by daio, Jun 9, 2015.

?

Do multi-touch iBooks display correctly in iOS9 beta1 on an iPhone?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No, they are not available

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not able to check or haven't checked yet

66.7%
  1. daio macrumors regular

daio

In the last two iOS 8.4 beta versions, the built-in iBooks app was able to open multi-touch iBooks. Even though some of the text was a little too small to read on my iPhone 5s, I imagine that it would be fine on an iPhone 6 Plus.

My questions is, seeing as I have not yet tried the iOS9 beta1 on my 5s, does the iBooks app still have the ability to read multi-touch books? Could someone have a look in the app either if it can open them _or_ if there are multi-touch books in the iBooks store within the app, as they were also showing as available?

Would love some feedback on this as if so, this gives me some time to update my iBook with slightly larger text and put it in the store before iOS9 drops. Thanks

2. daio thread starter macrumors regular

daio

It's probably not the best etiquette to reply to ones own post but here goes. I have now managed to test iOS 9 beta 1 on my 5s and the interactive multi touch iBooks are working fine, a sign that they must be coming to iPhones soon.

Now I just need to resubmit my book to apple with slightly larger text and it will work on iPhones whereas it was only available on iPads and macs in the past... Assuming that they make it out of the beta.