iBooks PDFs backing up to iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by boston04and07, Jun 24, 2015.

1. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Are PDFs in iBooks supposed to be backed up to the cloud? I recently had to restore my iPad from a recent iCloud backup (after stupidly deleting my entire calendar by accident, long story) and when I restored, the PDFs I had stored in my iBooks app didn't come back. It's not a horrible thing, since there weren't too many and I still have them on my iPhone and Mac, but still kind of annoying. Am I missing some obvious setting here, or are they really not included in iCloud backups? For what it's worth, iCloud does sync things like highlights and the last page read between them, so I know it recognizes they're there...

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

The only way I've ever gotten iBooks PDFs to get to other devices is by selecting and syncing via iTunes. I don't think they are backed up in iCloud.

3. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

they are not. at least i havent been able to get them to sync, always has to be done via iTunes

4. boston04and07 thread starter macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Super annoying. I just submitted feedback about this. In addition to not backing up, it's kind of annoying that these docs are taking up local storage on my device all the time. I wish they would live in the iCloud storage I already pay for and download when I need them.