ibooks prices?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jps1012, May 20, 2011.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Do books prices fluctuate on ibooks like app prices? Or does it stay the same. How about the kindle app? Thanks

2. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

I've never noticed fluctuation in pricing. They more or less remain the same from day to day.

3. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Most book prices will never fluctuate much because publishers won't allow them to. Printed books don't fluctuate much, if at all, either.

4. jrko macrumors regular

I can't remember the last time I paid full price on a printed book. It's not unusual to get a a % of some sort even on newly released books - at least in the UK

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

In the US books are almost always on sale as well. Even new releases can be found at at-least 10% off on plenty of occasions.

6. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

yeah, the ibooks store is not like amazon - there seems to be very little .99 cent books or non-public domain freebies.

pity too.

kindle and amazon are the best option right now.

7. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The iBook store has the Gutenberg collection of books that are free. I have downloaded many of them to my iPad.

8. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I don't know about fluctuations because I've uninstalled my iBooks.

There really isn't a single reason to choose iBooks over the Amazon Kindle store...unless you either don't like money or detest anything without an Apple logo. The Kindle store offers a much much much bigger selection and cheaper prices across the board.

Really, same goes for iTunes versus the Amazon MP3 store...except that Apple won't let you get to the Amazon MP3 store from their iDevices.

9. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I choose iBooks over Kindle for two reasons:

1. The app is a more enjoyable experience.

2. The uncertainty of what will happen when/if Apple enforces the rule that states that in-app purchases are required for iBook readers.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yup, at BN you can usually pick up the new releases 30% off or so. If you are member you can get up to 40%. Not to bad. This is one reason why both me and the wife haven't given up paper books. We can usually find them cheaper in the store. Heck, Sams and Costco usually have good prices also on books.

11. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I prefer the look of the iBook reader to Amazon reader. I just load my EPUB books (non-DRM) into iTunes. I use Calibre so conversion into EPUB is easy if I have the book in another format. I rarely buy books because I have such of huge stock-pile of free books to go through.

12. lee14160 macrumors regular

lee14160

Calibre, and any format is truly the best way to go.:)