iBooks Should be Further Expanded

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SiskoKid, Jun 7, 2010.

1. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

I know many people may disagree, but I think it's beyond bizarre that you can download some books as individual apps, magazine issues as individual apps and then comic book readers and magazine readers that hold all the comics and magazines in one place.

I think as they did with PDFs, iBooks should be a centralized place for all things readable whether it's PDFs, magazines, books (interactive or otherwise), comic books, etc.

Whatcha guys think?

2. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

wouldn't that make it consolidated, not expanded? but yes i agree

3. SiskoKid thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean its functionality should be expanded which would then mean it consolidates readable media lol :p

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

iBooks already can, to an extent, the developer has to develop their material for either an app or to be used in iBooks. Blame it on developers, not Apple.

5. SiskoKid thread starter macrumors 6502

I would argue that your comment is inaccurate. I would think a book released in the app store would need to find a publisher to be sold through iBooks. I also don't think you're able to sell an interactive book through iBooks either.

So it would then fall on Apple to allow you to place your books, magazines etc to the iBooks app on your shelf to consolidate everything. Just like they did with PDFs.

And to be clear, I'm not BLAMING Apple. I'm simply suggesting that Apple allow for this consolidation to happen to avoid clutter and to keep things organized.