iBooks soon on OSX but what about Windows'

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kimbie, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Kimbie macrumors regular

Kimbie

With from what I understand iBooks coming to next version of OSX do you think like with iTunes we will see iBooks appearing on Windows?

2. onekerato macrumors regular

While iTunes for windows still exists, Apple discontinued Safari for windows a year back. I don't think that bodes well for iBooks for windows.

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Yes, iBooks is coming in Mavericks, which is likely to come out by the end of the month.

As for Windows, I wouldn't hold your breath. Apple's horrible with their Windows apps and their iTunes on OS X sucks just as well.

If you need cross-platform support, I'd recommend other services first, like Kindle.

4. Kimbie thread starter macrumors regular

Kimbie

Ah ok fair enough, was just a thought.

@MikhailT Cross platform doesn't work for me when what I use iBooks for can only be done in iBooks.

Kimbie

5. onekerato macrumors regular

Apple can't really revolutionize the textbook market without an iBooks for windows, so there's some hope. The Magic Trackpad does work well on windows, so it's not impossible to achieve on windows what Apple's done with multitouch iBooks on iPad and Mac. It's more likely we'll get iBooks on iCloud.com before iBooks on windows though.

6. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

As ios devices now make up most of apples business they really are stupid to not release more apps for windows like ibooks and facetime.

7. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I've been trying to get my magic mouse to work on my windows machine, but generally, no luck. :( Any suggestions?

8. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

It took several years for them to get iBooks to the Mac Platform. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Windows version anytime soon. Pretty much like Microsoft releasing an iPad version of Office. Eventually apple may do so, but will be a few years down the line.

As far as textbooks go, most schools use an iOS or Mac platform, therefore if you are going to school, get a Mac or iPad.

9. rgr555 macrumors 6502

BookReaderFree is good for reading 1 book at a time

10. onekerato macrumors regular

11. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

12. 808? macrumors 6502a

You could buy a Mac, then you can run Windows and have your iBooks (on OS X) anytime you like. :D