iBooks Store v/s ComiXology

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Keenupie, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Keenupie macrumors member

Hello,

I posted about this on another board, but I think this perhaps is a better place, I'm new to iPhone / iOS and just had a quick question if I buy a Graphic Novel on the iBook Store would I also have it for free on ComiXology? I am asking because Comix has a better viewing layout esp. for the phone I don't know if iBook store allows single frames to be viewed?

If anyone can shed more light on this? Or should I only buy it directly on the ComiXology App?

Thanks,

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not familiar ComiXology but I'd probably say no, you'll not get it for free over on ComiXology if you bought on the iBooks store.

For example, if I bought a book on iBooks, I'd have no right to it on kindle.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

ComiXology is a whole different marketplace. Nothing to do with Apple. :) But yeah, I love that place, so highly recommend you buy your comics there.

4. Keenupie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot,

That clears it, because ComiXology website has a very Vague FAQ, almost misleading, now just need to wait for someone to tell me if the format of comics on iBook store is just like ComiXology, as in single panels on screen,

Thanks again,

----------

Jessica,

Any idea on the format of Comics on iBook store? I got a few samples and they just show the full page on the screen so if thats how they are when I buy them too then I guess it makes more sense to stick to ComiXology?

Thanks again,

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, iBooks doesn't have the nice single panel feature.