Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huiAPPOAJ

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
I can't get my High Sierra iMac to sync with iBooks, only books I see there are purchased from the store. Which is strange because I just did clean reinstall of High Sierra on my old MacBook Air and all the books synced properly with those I have on my iOS 13 devices. So what's the problem there?

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
I can't get my High Sierra iMac to sync with iBooks, only books I see there are purchased from the store. Which is strange because I just did clean reinstall of High Sierra on my old MacBook Air and all the books synced properly with those I have on my iOS 13 devices. So what's the problem there?

The reason is that to sync your books library you need Mojave and newer. If you're not willing to have a go at upgrading then I could propose you to download BackUp and Sync from Google or better a 3rd party client like Cloud Mounter, ExpanDrive or SyncMate and manage your e-books using Google Drive. Download Google Drive iOS app and that way you'll be able to read your books on any device. Cloud Mounter, ExpanDrive act like external drives attached to your Mac but with the contents of your Google Drive instead. Eltima's SyncMate and Google's BackUp and Sync are synchronization only but they're worth it, especially SyncMate that is more flexible allowing you to choose any location on both ends to sync than Google's offer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.