iBooks won't sync bookmarks

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DukeofAnkh, Sep 8, 2011.

1. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

Hi all. I have tried searching these forums and google and I haven't found a solution to my dilemma (which is a bit unique, really).

I am currently living in a radio-quiet zone which means all our iDevices spend most of their time on Airplane mode and we aren't allowed to have a wifi network. Mercifully, we do have ethernet internet (I think I would have killed myself by now if we didn't). So the only way to get things on and off the iDevices is via syncing with iTunes. Mostly, this isn't a problem. But.

iBooks won't sync bookmarks or furthest-read-upto pages between my iPhone and iPad. I have selected all the "sync books" options both on the devices and in iTunes. And it won't. It happily syncs all the books themselves, but I just went back and forth about 5 syncs with each trying to get the iPad to put the page read or a bookmark or something onto the corresponding book on the iPhone and it won't. I even deleted iBooks off the phone tried to sync it back. It rearranged the order of my books in my collections but didn't put the iPad bookmarks in.

I am about ready to punch something. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I am a bit scared of deleting iBooks off the iPad because that's the version that knows where I'm up to in the book I'm currently reading.

2. shokhoz macrumors newbie