iBooks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Evmanw, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

So, I was wondering if iBooks had the option of the original page numbers. This would be critical if I were to use this at school.

Thanks
    Evmanw

Clarification:
    I am talking about the page numbers in a real paperback book, not the page numbers generated on an iPad

2. Saberj macrumors regular

3. iserian macrumors 6502

At least it has page numbers .... kindle and nook do not. Actual page numbers would have too many variables. Ibooks in my opinion is the best reader app....and one of the reasons I still read on my pad and not my xoom.

Perhaps PDF text books couldn't map actual page numbers.

4. Evmanw thread starter macrumors regular

Evmanw

thanks

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Kindle's most recent iPad update adds real page numbering:

"# Real page numbers for thousands of books in the Kindle Store, with more coming soon. Now you can make proper citations in the classroom or follow along with people reading print books in a book club.
    # Home screen now shows your progress through books in list view.
    # Look up words on Google and Wikipedia without leaving the app.
    # Instant word lookup on included dictionary with 250,000 entries and definitions."

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    These two combinations make my head hurt... :p

But seriously there are usually so many versions of books with different page numbers. Paperback, hardcover, small, large. It gets even worse with the educational books referenced because those change ALL the time (and usually the actual content is 99% identical, just with everything moved around)