iBooks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by adammgaines, Oct 23, 2013.

1. adammgaines macrumors member

I had the Game of Thrones audiobooks in iTunes. Since upgrading to Mavericks, one of the audiobooks is no longer in iTunes but now shows up in iBooks as just an e-book, not an audiobook.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems odd.

2. Bear macrumors G3

I have not seen this issue. However, iBooks may be one of the major reasons for me to go back to Mountain Lion. It's not ready and it's missing features that you had with the books listed in iTunes prior to Mavericks.

3. adammgaines thread starter macrumors member

iBooks has the option to add books from iTunes so I guess this is what it did. However, you can longer edit media in iTunes and changed the media kind to book or e-book. Only audiobook is available.

I never had the e-book, so it pulled from Apple I guess, kinda like how iTunes Match works for songs.

4. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

You should be able to just go into your iTunes media folder and find the audiobook manually, then just re add it to iTunes for the time being until it is fixed

5. adammgaines thread starter macrumors member

I did that and have it back in iTunes as an audiobook but the e-book is still in iBooks.

So I basically got the e-book for free, wondering if this can be duplicated??

6. MTI macrumors 65816

Interesting problem with iBooks. After the 10.9 upgrade, my wife says she lost her bookmarks within the books and one book is only 1/3rd completely downloaded. Attempts to redownload/sync from the store doesn't change it.

7. macneubie macrumors regular

just deleted off the iBooks app and reclaimed 50+MB:p