iBooster for iPhone by Wilson

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HiFiGuy528, Aug 18, 2009.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Well Wilson sure got the name right, it looks like a child in a high chair. Does it come with a bib?:D

3. LEGALROMA macrumors member

0Hahahah,

The time spent in this design must have been daunting.

Only $234. This has to be the worst product I have seen for the iphone.

4. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I had seen this a long time ago, but ruled it out because it don't seem to allow for a Skin, or Case.

5. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Is 800 MHz or 1900 MHz the 3G bands because those are the only ones that that works with.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

For $234 you might as well get another iPhone put it on T-mobile and and use that one in case A&TT's signal isn't the greatest.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

defiantly

takes any coolness out of the Iphone. trying to think of nice things to say. it's not for me no way. (pass) ;)

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

This doesn't cover the mic and bottom speaker?

9. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

It is for mounting in your car.

There is a roof antenna you mount on your car. You dont walk around with it attached. Its not a bad device if you actually look into it.

There is a sleeve that you remove is you have a case on your phone.

There is also a dock on the bottom that you can plug in your iPhone cable if you have a iPod ready car stereo.

10. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    I think the 1999 Nextel Design team designed it.......

11. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

The problem with the product is none of you actually LOOKED AT IT.

go to the web site and see what it does. How it is supposed to be mounted and USED!

12. LEGALROMA macrumors member

Oh, I looked at it alright.

Pass Pass Pass

Why not get 2 iphones instead?

What did you actually see useful at $250?

13. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

well a few things.

1 Roof Mounted Antenna gives you better shot at hitting the tower means better signal. The increase may give you a signal when normally you have none.
    2 Yea 2 cell phones... cause if I wanted to do that I would buy an iTouch and get a cell phone on a different carrier like Verizon
    3 mounting the iphone in the vehicle and using an earpiece makes me compliant with the hands free device law here in DC and most other states while charging the phone, increasing my signal and not having my phone bounce around with the crappy cheaply made mounts and still having to tie up the power port on my jeep.

Pass if you want but dont criticize the product unless you really see what it is for

14. gabe90 macrumors member

Does looks horrible, but I actually was researching this yesterday. Just moved to a new house and there is pretty much ZERO signal here. Apparently on any of the networks. I need my phone to work at home, and after a quick search this seems to be the only real answer. So it has its uses. I don't think I'm buying, but just to clarify, I think it's designed for people who live in dead zones.

15. actorkid macrumors 6502

anyone notice that they use an original iPhone, but the carrier info says it's getting 3g signal?

HA

16. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    there are a few antennas/boosters for houses.. i know i've been thinking of getting one for my parents house, which when i'm there on vacation ATT has no signal inside, bugs the heck out of me.... (by the way if you walk outside there house you can get 3-4 bars)

17. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Awhile back there was a thread started by the designer of this behemoth contraption, and MR members were able to comment on it; and the same comments were offered. Apparently, the designer(s) didn't take heed to our warnings and concerns. I've got 5 Bars & 3G & WiFi at my house; so what's the Wilson thingy gonna' do for me; give me six bars and 4G??? :eek: