iBots for the iPad on the AppStore

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iLes, Dec 12, 2010.

1. iLes macrumors member

Hi All,

I've released an iPad only game called iBots which is now in the AppStore. It's a turn-based strategy game whereby you move a spaceman in a randomly generated maze while trying to avoid the iBots who are trying to catch you. The goal here is to try and get the iBots to run into the walls or into each other which will destroy them. The game is played in waves with each wave containing no more than 10 iBots. A wave is over when all iBots are destroyed or if any one iBot catches you. Stats are tracked and reported to Game Center after each wave. Points are awarded for each iBot destroyed and for gold coins collected. In addition a bonus is awarded if you win the wave by destroying all the iBots and a bigger bonus if you collect all the coins. There are also power-ups that randomly appear to help you defeat the iBots - EMP, mines and a bomb to name a few.

iBots supports Apple's Game Center for the iPad and includes 5 leaderboards and 30 achievements.

Also, I'd like to add that although there are a gazillion apps out there I personally haven't seen one that plays like iBots, so I think it's a little unique and different - well, maybe it's similar to Chess so if you like that type of game then you'll probably like iBots.

Homepage with screenshots:
    http://lesbird.com/iBots/default.html

AppStore link:
    http://ax.itunes.apple.com/app/ibots/id398917207?mt=8

Have a great day!

Les Bird

2. iLes thread starter macrumors member

iBots free until the end of January

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post an update here and mention that iBots for the iPad is free until the end of January.

So what are you waiting for? Go get it and have fun!

- Les
    www.thegameprojects.com