iCab Firefox sync problem on new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jlheureux, Mar 20, 2012.

1. jlheureux, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

jlheureux macrumors newbie

I have been manually syncing Firefox bookmarks with iCab via Dropbox and months.

But I recently noticed that iCab now does automatic sync with Firefox. I am already doing this on two Windows machines (Win 7 and Win Vista). But, when I try to set this up on my iPad gen 3 (iOS 5.1), it will not validate my login although I am definitely using the right username, password and sync-key and leaving the server name blank.

UPDATE 3/30/12: The new version of Sync now uses a key instead of a pass phrase. I created a new key on my Windows 7 desktop and entered it in the proper box of both my Windows Vista laptop and in iCab on my new iPad. The key created on the Windows 7 desktop was accepted on both my Windows Vista laptop and by iCab on my new iPad.

BUT. The links added on the Windows 7 desktop appear on the laptop running Windows Vista (once I did a sync), but do not appear in iCab on my new iPad. And in iCab, I do not see any way to do a manual syn. I rebooted iCab but that did not do it.

Any suggestions?

2. jlheureux thread starter macrumors newbie

I just noticed today that it's now working. The updates must have done it.

Problem solved.