ICab Mobile Browser for iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dhy8386, Apr 11, 2010.

1. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Anyone try this yet for iPad? Based on features and description looks real nice. 1.99 is fair too. I'm just nervous Its not as fast as safari or has some other fatal flaw. Love any feedback before i buy. I think a tabbed based more feature rich browser is very necessary on the iPad because its so much more powerful than the iphones.

2. Enori macrumors member

Anybody?
    It looks better than atomic web and maybe not so bugy?

3. h3nG macrumors member

Tab browsing doesn't look like it's any better than safari. Requires you yo click a button to pull it up...based on the pictures I am seeing. I like how it looks.

4. HXGuy macrumors 68000

What do you think makes it better than Atomic?

5. iCabAlex macrumors newbie

iCab doesn't have a limit of only 9 Tabs like Safari. You can open any number of Tabs (OK, you can open Tabs until the memory is full).

And the next version of iCab Mobile will also have a Tabs bar on the iPad with "real" Tabs. But it can be switched on or off, so you can decide if you want more screen space for the web page or faster access to the Tabs using a Tabs bar.

6. Enori macrumors member

It looks better

7. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Does it support multitouch gestures? After getting used to that on Safari, incant imagine going back to a browser doesn't.

8. Braaam macrumors newbie

As far as i know Safari doesn't support gestures, atomic browser does (but it's quirky).

Updated icab mobile is great. It provides an optional tab bar and many small issues are solved. Most feature rich and polished browser for iPad I used so far (by miles).

9. smotheredhope macrumors regular

I'll grab it, check it out and report back as soon as my invisibleshield dries on my ipad. I am a huge fan of atomic but we will see :)

10. patp Guest

it looks like safari. is it actually a better performing browser than safari or atomic browser? would be great to see some speed loading comparisons.

other than the tabs, what else is a plus for it?

speed
    reliability
    ease of use

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Does anyone know if iCab uses the safari webkit like atomic or is it more like opera mini browser where it seems to house everything on a private server posing as a sercuity risk (or concern)?

12. patp Guest

Just downloaded it. Atomic Browser does seem a bit faster in loading pages. I have yet to really dig into the settings.

Will report later after i get more quality time with it.

13. patp Guest

To the developer
    What is this page redirect things? A message pops up and it says it will redirect to the icab URL but has the page that I was originally trying to visit nestled into your URL. The URL of my page is in your URL. Does this app track all of my web usage?

Are you logging my usernames and passwords?
    Until i get an answer i will refrain from logging in to sensitive websites until I am confident of the security and how this browser is handling the information it takes.

The page redirect things is kind of bugging me. I see no reason why if I search for for something in google why it has to redirect to your website.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This looks promising, I received this today from the developer.

15. patp Guest

Thanks Jessica. I feel a lot better now.

16. Gidu macrumors newbie

Édit bookmarks

Hello !

How is it possible to edit bookmarks (change, delete ... etc) in iCab mobile for iPad ?

Thank's

Gidu

17. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Honestly I am using it from my iPad right now. I love it compared to Atomic and Safari. And I have Atomic. With the ad filters on and the great fullscreen transparent buttons and nice UI for settings etc...great app. Fast too. Will probably become my new default.