Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Recently I've noticed that regardless of how many tabs I have open in icab, once I exit and go to another app and the come back, it has to reload all the tabs (even If only 2 are open)..it never used to do this, in fact I wasnalways impressed that I used to open icab and all my tabs were still there...

Do I just need to keep clearing the disk cache or something? That's pretty annoying...any solutions?

Thanks

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Have you tried closing background apps? I know iOS is supposed to clear them automatically as memory is needed, but doing it manually seems to improve performance in some apps.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Have you tried closing background apps? I know iOS is supposed to clear them automatically as memory is needed, but doing it manually seems to improve performance in some apps.

Yeah, it even happens with very few apps in the background.. In fact, all things being equal, safari works well with keeping the tabs open while every time I open icab, it freezes, quits the app and then I have to open it again and it has to reload the pages..

Last edited:

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
I've recently started using Sleipnir. It does a great job of caching pages. Whenever you return to the app, it loads pages in from the cache instead of reloading them from the web. It isn't as customizable as iCab, however.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Okay, I just discovered something which might help:

Go to your home screen and open Settings. Then select iCabMobile from the left column. Go down to where is says "low memory conditions" and select "release tabs". Change it to "critical conditions only".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.