iCab vs Atomic Web Browser

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dexter92, Apr 4, 2011.

?

Atomic or iCab?

1. Atomic

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. iCab

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. dexter92 macrumors newbie

I know there is already a thread on this, but I would love to visually see with a poll what people are deciding.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Neither, I have tried them, but for me the overlaid fast scroll bar in Perfect Browser, so I can scroll up and down a whole long web page by moving my finger around 3" on the iPad screen is the biggest plus of any 3rd party web browser.

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I voted for Atomic. To be fair, though, I've never used iCab. Atomic was the first one I purchased and so far it has been perfect for me.

4. dexter92 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to decide which to buy. I used Atomic lite, but iCab just looks like it has a much better UI.

5. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

lol, the very definition of a useless post, given the thread title. :D

I have used both but greatly prefer iCab. The UI is much better (plus Atomic always gives me those annoying memory warnings).

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I would recommend spending the $3 (I believe) and using iCab. From what I've read around here they are very much alike, but most prefer the UI of iCab.

For those that have purchased iCab, does it allow you to DL on both iPad and iPhone without paying twice?

Well, I'm sure there are much better examples on this board of useless posts. :rolleyes:

And where in the title did it say "for those that have used both"?

7. dexter92 thread starter macrumors newbie

iCab is currently $2, Atomic is $1, and both are universal apps.

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'd drop the $2 bucks on iCab then and take it for a test spin, if you really don't like the UI in Atomic. I actually don't mind it, though.

9. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I have not tried iCab, but I use Atomic as my only browser on my iPad 2. I like the adblocking and Dropbox integration. Tab support works well and the finger gestures to get to the top/bottom of a page quickly are very handy. It also goes full screen with a simple three finger tap. The only issue I found is Etrade, none of the links work after logging into your acct.

I did a YouTube video a couple of weeks ago with the latest Atomic 5.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9mMy-lc8EY