iCade could become real.

skafia

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
SOCAL
Welcome back to last week.

Sorry, didn't realize this was actually a real article versus the April fools stunt.

foot in mouth

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
When I read about it and thought about it, I didn't see why it couldn't be a real product. The fact that the ipad supports bluetooth keyboards seems to me to be a way to implement controls. You'd just map the arcade's physical controls to certain keys and send them to the app via bluetooth.

The main problem would be securing the rights to the games. I know Apple won't let emulators on the iphone and I'm assuming the ipad, so Thinkgeek would need to get the actual copyright holders of classic arcade games to work with them in creating ipad apps.

chriskzoo

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2005
Might be the best "fake" product to actually become real since the Star Wars Taun-Taun sleeping bag complete with "intestines" fabric on the inside.

ryanv

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
This would be so great. Definitely need more options for controllers on the iPad!

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Welcome back to last week.

Sorry, didn't realize this was actually a real article versus the April fools stunt.

foot in mouth
Yeah, I posted a thread about it and the MacRumors Gods put it on lock down :eek: