iCal accident, any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jennconducts, Jan 22, 2010.

1. jennconducts macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I accidentally erased my iCal data AND MobileMe data. I backup using Time Machine, but haven't done so in 3 weeks, so I still will miss important data.
    I believe that my only salvation may be on my computer at work. It is also synced to my MobileMe, but hasn't been turned on since the accident. Would my best method for getting the calendar off that computer before the automatic sync erases that data too be: Unplug LAN cable so the sync doesn't happen, then power up and export the calendar file and save to a disk, bring it home and import it? Am I on the right track? MANY thanks for any help. Jenn

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I would disconnect the LAN on the work machine as you said. Then go to MM prefs and set sync to manual. Plug the LAN back in. In MM prefs go to advanced and reset the computer. At the first sync tell it to use the computer data to update MM (not the reverse... you will get a popup asking you). Then reset to auto sync.

Then go home and do the same thing, only on the home machine when you reset tell is to use MM data to update the computer, not the reverse.